It has been a busy few weeks and I kept meaning to post this earlier but then the things I had noted down were no longer relevant! I managed to grab 5 minutes and note them all down from the last few weeks and update them and I feel much better for it now. Phew…
- Finishing my first review of a gifted physical ARC. A PR firm reached out to ask if I would review a copy of a contemporary fiction novel and I just couldn’t say no to the opportunity. Safe to say this was such an exciting experience and I am so pleased to have been chosen to be part of the advanced readers group. P.s., you can check out my review of the novel here.
- Starting a new book series. So after storming through Fourth Wing, I had to try 2022’s hottest fantasy sensation, A Court of Thorns and Roses. Safe to say I am utterly hooked and I’m already deep into book 4 in less than a week! Reviews on these to come.
- Hearing Jason laugh. Hearing Jason belly laugh puts the biggest smile on my face. His laugh reaches the depth of his soul and I honestly cannot tell you how happy it makes me. So carefree!
- Arlo saying ‘No, I’m afraid not’ like he is a little wise old man after I asked him whether there were any raspberries left. This was just the cutest thing that really made me giggle.
- Paddling pools and ice creams. Summer done right with the littles.
- My local library. Not just for my bank balances’ sake but my own sanity. Being able to have this resource at my fingertips makes this bookworm very happy. From physical copies to audiobooks, my local library has been a bit of a lifesaver of late.
- Bookstagram community. Without my followers and the wider bookstagram community, there would be plenty of books that I would not have started, finished or even considered. Everyone that I have met has been the most welcoming and supportive.
- Peppermint tea. Bucket loads of it!
- Crisp evening walks. With the light still around past 8.30pm, I’ve been enjoying taking the dogs out on a long walk in the evening. It’s just glorious catching that golden hour glow!
- Evenings with friends with plenty of Pimms because why not! I’ve loved having time with my oldest and dearest friends so being able to have proper downtime away from work and all our other responsibilities has been such a fabulous way to reconnect and relieve any built up tension.
The photo above is of our raspberries in the garden this year. We have so many!
What has made you happy this week?